Any student who arrives 10 minutes after the assembly begins will be counted as tardy. Every 3 times a student is late to school, they will be required to stay after class and clean the classroom.
Absences will affect your child’s education and grade. Please attend class everyday. If your child is absent, please let us know in advance with a letter or email. If prior notice is not given then students are required to bring in a letter from parents the next stating their reason for absence. Students will be responsible for making up any assignments during his/her absence.
The tuition for one student is $594 per school year, $534 for second child, $414 for third child and $294 for fourth child. There is a separate registration fee for all students, $150 for new students and $100 for returning students.
All students must wear modest clothing. Girls must wear outfits that have long sleeves and covers to the ankles. They also must cover their hair. Boys can wear short sleeves, but must wear long pants. Clothes for boys and girls must be loose and not see-through.
Behavior in Class
- Must bring your required textbook, notebooks and a pen/pencil.
- Obey and have respect for teachers, authority, and other students. Raise your hand before speaking. Otherwise, sit quietly during class time, and not talk, shout, yell, whisper, laugh or disturb their fellow students.
- Don’t touch anything that’s not yours in the classroom or anywhere else.
- Do not hit, punch, slap, otherwise fight, or injure their fellow students.
- After school, wait inside the masjid while waiting for your parents.
- Student cell phones MUST be TURNED OFF during school hours. Students found talking or ‘messaging’ on their phones will have the devices confiscated, and will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Toys, Cards, Magazines, Headphones, Beepers, Cellular Phones, Radios and Electronic Games are not allowed. If such a radio/game is accidentally brought to school, it should either be left in the student’s backpack or submitted to the office until the end of the school day.
Behavior in Masjid
While in the prayer hall, no running, playing or raising your voice While praying, concentrate and do not talk to others. No violence or swearing (in or outside the masjid). For Parents
- Parents are required to park their car and accompany their child to their class.
- Parents will be notified of the school’s curriculum, and will be expected to help their children with learning and homework.
- Parents are encouraged to volunteer. Please contact your child’s principal to be a volunteer in any of the activities run by the masjid.
- Parents are not allowed in the class while the class is in session.
- Parents are requested to check their child’s backpack or folder every week for homework assignments, handouts, announcements, etc.
- Make sure your child brings all the necessary supplies to each class, including a pencil, notebook, backpack and textbooks.
- Any complaints about kids, school or school related issues must be submitted to Quran Academy administrators immediately so it can be investigated as quickly as possible.
- Parents are expected to pick up their children promptly at dismissal.
Disciplinary Action Policy
Students who violate the above code of conduct inside class or masjid will be spoken to by their teacher, and asked to refrain from their bad conduct failing that, a note shall be sent home to the parent failing that, the student will be suspended.
Academics and Grading Policy
Teachers will submit progress reports daily and exams will be given throughout the year. After each exam there will be parent teacher meetings where you will sit one on one with your child’s teacher and discuss his/her progress and ways to help your child improve. Any questions regarding your child’s progress in class and his/her performance should be directed to their respective teacher(s).