SUNDAY SCHOOL APPLICATION
Sunday School Guidelines 2018-2019
In order to maintain order, the administration will use the following disciplinary measures:
● For first offenses the child shall receive a verbal warning.
● Further offenses will be dealt with by contacting the parents.
● If the negative behavior continues, the child may be suspended from school or removed
without a refund.
In order to preserve the sanctity of the Masjid, we shall require all children to wear appropriate dress
while attending Sunday School. We ask that parents ensure that students maintain a proper standard
of dress, which displays respect for Masjid’s etiquettes.
● Girls are required to wear a non-transparent hijab.
● Girls are required to wear long sleeve shirts.
● It is recommended for both boys and girls to wear modestly loose clothing.
● Any clothing materials displaying inappropriate images are not allowed.
Drop off and Pickup
In order to ensure students safety, we require parents drop off and pick up students ONLY from
their respective classes. Parents may not send anyone else to pick their child, unless a written
instruction is given to the school in advance.
Please pack lunch for your child. Please note that due to allergies, the masjid has a nut-free policy.
Tuition is non-refundable
Textbook and workbook are included within the tuition fees. Parents may be asked to pay for any
additional books that may be required.
Hillside Islamic Center Sunday School Tuition Assistance
HIC is dedicated to providing education to all, regardless of financial ability. In accord
with this philosophy, we have established the following protocol in seeking financial aid:
1. Periodic Payment Plan/Deferred Payment
Parents can request for a periodic payment plan whereby the total payment of
the tuition and fees will be split up over two or three installments, to be paid in full
by May 2019.
2. Reduced Tuition
If the parents are unable to fulfill the tuition and fee obligations through the
options above, HIC will consider a tuition reduction. Determinations are made
with strict scrutiny and confidentiality. Families requesting financial assistance
must submit their last year’s tax returns, bills(mortgage payment, electric bill, etc)
and a letter stating why financial aid is needed in order to be considered for any
Please Note: Families requesting financial assistance are not guaranteed to receive
any assistance but will be considered on a case by case basis.